What Needs to Be on A Letterhead? Key Elements of a Company Letterhead
Find out more about letterhead printing
Are you selling drinks? check out our too: Cup Sleeve Printing Singapore
In today’s modern world, companies still consider the use of paper as an important part of communication and other documentation purposes. An official letterhead of a company is a must-have for almost all types of firms. Its main purpose is to convey a message to the receiver. Let’s dig a little deeper to know more about what a letterhead is and what needs to be on it.
Letterhead is also known as letterheaded paper, it is the heading that you can see at the top of a letter paper sheet. It mostly has the name, address, corporate logo and a background pattern. The “letterhead” term is usually used to speak of the whole sheet that’s being imprinted with a heading.
Many individuals and companies choose to make their letterhead template in Microsoft word or other kinds of software application. It is generally printed by either letterpress or offset methods. The size varies since there are companies that print their letterheads in A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) while others produce them in 8.5 x 11 inches (215 x 280 mm) size.
- It serves as your corporate identity. Anything that is sent to clients like letters, envelopes, publicity folders, invoices, etc., must create a consistent and distinguishable corporate identity. Your company address and logo must be reiterated on all your business marketing materials. The objective is for all people to quickly know who the letters are from when the logo is spotted on the letterhead of the company. This is also a different way to instill to everyone’s minds your image or company logo.
- It serves as a visual interest. The main purpose of the letterhead is to convey the message to your recipient. The design is not very busy, not too-large graphics and there is ample space to type in the message. There are firms that put designs behind the text, adding visual interest to the letterhead, but keeping in mind the background image’s opacity and making sure it’s light enough to avoid overpowering the text’s clarity.
- It proves authenticity. It can show the receiver that your company is reliable and serious. It also shows your commitment to brand identity. A professional letterhead always leaves a positive impression on the reader. If your letterhead is professionally designed, and it uses a better paper quality, the more enticing it will be for the customer to check out your business.
Top 3 Key Elements
Creating a letterhead needs effort and time, you have to be careful with even the most little detail. It also represents your company, and you don’t want to make something that doesn’t match your company’s identity. Letterheads are used in different ways, and that includes formal letters.
However, the use of letterheads is not just limited to stationary or paper. Did you know that many actually incorporate them in business cards, flyers and even in brochures? This is the reason why a company letterhead should be well-designed and contains vital elements so that it can show a good and respectable visual presentation of the company.
Here are the top 3 key elements on what needs to be on a letterhead that you don’t want to disregard.
1. Company Name
Would you like to read an anonymous letter with a nameless letterhead? Most people would disregard the letter if that’s the case. Your company name on the letterhead is one of the most important elements you need to remember. It’s not just an introduction; it encourages the receiver’s interest to read your letter, and it’s a strong document that can prove that your business or company is real.
Its role is significant, which is why the company name is placed at the top of the letterhead. The readers are given a clear idea of where the business letter came from and would even allow them to think about its content.
2. Logo or Slogan
A well-made logo or slogan of your business that is placed on the strategic spot of a letterhead can be identifiable all over the commercial communication.
The most preferred spot for the logo or slogan is at the top part, just beside or above the name of the firm. But some also prefer doing it like a watermark wherein it’s set as a background.
Putting your logo on the most noticeable part of the letterhead can awaken the curiosity of your reader, and it can also boost your business’ branding at the same time.
3. Contact Details
Keep in mind that your letterhead can appear more real and persuasive to your client’s perspective if you put more details in it. These details are generally grouped together, and they are placed in an organized manner either below or at the side of the logo and company name.
The address is another proof that your company is not fraud, since you will be having customers who will want to contact you or visit the location of your business. However, aside from the physical and registered address of your company, it’s best to include your postal address as well. You can also put the address of your other business site.
The website and email address are vital factors since most people nowadays can be found online. If you have your social media accounts, you can also add them too. The use of email is convenient, especially for international customers. They usually feel secure if they see a confirmed and real address, which also means they have other ways to reach you if in case something goes wrong.
Contact numbers are your telephone, fax and voice numbers. You can also put in your professional license digits along with the date established if available. This is important if in case the receiver is interested in your proposal or offer, they can contact you right away for business transaction or further discussion of the details.
Organizing Your Design: Important Tips
After identifying the basic info of your letterhead, you will need to brainstorm on the design and template to ensure that the elements are arranged properly.
A nice letterhead needs an attractive design, and this is another critical element that you must remember. Below is a simple guide and important tips that you should know when designing your letterhead template.
- Choose the right typography – the overall look of your work depends on what you select for your letterhead’s typography. Choose carefully to match the brand of your company. The task may be a bit daunting since you have so many options to choose from. But you can always seek help from an experienced and skilled graphics designer.
- Keep it simple – if there’s too much going on in your letterhead, you might lose its effectiveness. Keep the design simple and clean. The main point is to deliver the message successfully to your receiver and not to distract them with too many designs. Your layout should be controlled for your marketing purposes.
- Make a suitable hierarchy – this is a noteworthy principle in any type of design; this is the arrangement of sections in your design so that importance may be shown. A good hierarchy will help your audience identify the piece of info that is most crucial for them and guide them what part they should be reading first. The maker of your letterhead will arrange all the data where they are most noticeable. And all the other lesser vital elements can be placed in areas that won’t distract your audience.
Choose Alibaba Printing
We provide excellent and high-quality printing services for your business and marketing needs. We have an experienced and skilled team to handle the intricate demands of your designs. We offer cheap rates that won’t hurt your marketing budget. Ask us today and let us help you find the perfect printing service that fits your requirements.
Get In Touch With Us
Tel: 9146 1431
Fax: 6250 5122