Can I Print Stickers on My Printer? Helpful Details You Can Take Note
Find out more about Sticker Printing Singapore
What is Mirrorkote Sticker? A Simple Guide
The use of stickers is considered to be one of the most versatile and cost-efficient methods for business or even for personal reasons. You can see stickers almost everywhere! – signs, cars, windows, food or product labels, giveaways door jambs and many more! One of the best benefits of this type of print media is that it can last longer and it is less expensive.
Stickers and Labels are two different things. Stickers usually are graphical while labels contain logo, address or telephone numbers. This article contains the procedure of printing stickers and info on labels as well since they both have similarities in production. Let’s proceed on learning about printing stickers on your printer.
Using Your Printer to Make Stickers
A printer may have different functionality and purpose. Some are not that “sticker-friendly” when it comes to printing. Remember, use an inkjet sticker paper for inkjet type of printers and for laser printer, use a laser sticker paper since these two can’t be interchanged. That is the first rule you need to keep in mind. Use the appropriate kind of paper for the printer that you have.
You need to know the right medium where you will be printing your stickers, and they are usually printed on vinyl or paper. Knowing the difference between the two will help you achieve an excellent result.
Kinds of Labels
One of the cheapest and simplest forms of stickers is the paper labels. This is great for personalizing name tags, vinyl record sleeves, making instant photo stickers and many more! When you print from your home, you can use pre-cut labels or a whole sheet of sticker paper. Pre-cut stickers are recommended for these types of labels:
- Oval Labels
- Round Labels
- Rectangular Labels
- Square Labels
These are perfect for bottles and jars for your homemade products. If you want to use stickers that you want to cut by yourself, better buy whole sheets. You will want to use a cricut machine if you’re cutting a more detailed design.
Using the right printer is crucial since it will depend also on your design. If you have a 4-color inkjet printer with a print resolution of 1200 dpi, this is more than enough. However, if the design of your sticker needs a more dynamic range in color and more variation in tone, you might want to equip yourself with a printer with at least six cartridges. Know your options here:
Recommended Budget Inkjet Printer for Sticker Printing
- Canon® PIXMA® TS6220 – at low cost, you can have vibrant color prints with it. This is perfect for amateur photographers and a starter printer for small businesses.
- HP® Envy® 7155 – very inexpensive and can help you make stickers. However, it only has two cartridges (black and tricolor).
Middle Ranged Printer Also Great for Sticker Printing
- Canon® PIXMA® Pro-100 – more costly but the features are advanced, and the printing output is better than the previously mentioned printers. Your sticker details will be more refined because it’s an 8 dye-based ink cartridge.
Professional Grade Printer Perfect for Sticker Printing Business
- Epson® SureColor® P600 – the print results are incredible and perfect for professional-grade photos and stickers. The initial investment for this one is a lot expensive, but it is worth your money if you are really in the printing business.
Choosing the Best Machine Tips
Selecting the right kind of printer doesn’t need too much energy, but it does require you to know the following:
- You know exactly what you want to create.
- Be realistic on the capabilities of the printer.
- Can you afford it?
- You know the purpose.
- Know the size of the media that you want to convert to sticker.
- Steadfast colors and how long they last.
- The Compatibility of the sticker and machine.
Sticker Printing Techniques and Things You Need to Remember
You don’t want to waste your money on printed stickers because you’re doing it all wrong during the first try. Here are some techniques and important things you will need to remember:
- Color Accuracy – CMYK used mostly for printing done at home and low-cost professional services but the printing result is accurate, good and inexpensive.
- Choose the right colors – wrong design choices can become color casts or tinted black hues.
- Long lasting – longevity of a sticker depends on the print process, ink and paper.
- Die-cut method – it can help in shaping the stickers for a stronger visual effect that emphasizes the design elements.
- Choose “High” Quality print mode – the result is better and of high quality.
- Break up color with big areas – don’t design stickers that have huge areas of solid colors.
- Ink cartridges are not running low on ink – make sure you are stocked before printing your huge volume of stickers.
- Compatibility of paper – there are printers that don’t work well with thick papers, check out which ones don’t and can work with the kind of paper you would usually use.
Types of Sticker Paper for Printing
There are two main types of sticker paper: glossy and matte.
- Glossy – like a photo paper but with adhesive backing. It can be difficult to work on especially if you are using a laser printer.
- Matte – just like a standard paper with adhesive backing. It is easy to write even with your pencil and pen, but not as smooth and bright as the glossy one.
The Printing Process of Making Stickers
Here are three different process that can definitely help you in printing your stickers.
Pre-Cut Sticker Labels Printing
If you are using a pre-cut inkjet sticker labels, here are the steps:
- You can use any downloadable templates.
- Once you have prepared the template, print one on a blank paper and check with your pre-cut paper if it’s aligned or not.
- Load the sticker paper to your inkjet printer, double check specifications and preferences.
- Paper width level should not touch the edge of the paper to avoid buckling it.
- Print the template.
- Let the ink dry first before touching or removing the sticker.
- Avoid printing the same exact sheet to avoid jamming the printer.
Using Microsoft Word to Make and Print Custom Stickers
- Open Microsoft word.
- Create your design using the shape tool, text box tool, etc., Or you may also download a sticker template if you like.
- In printing your finished design, you should do a test print first to know which side it will print so that you can place your sticker paper correctly.
- In the printer properties choose “other photo paper” then select the quality (draft, standard or high).
- Cut your sticker using a paper cutter or scissor.
Sticker Printing on Vinyl Paper
There are just few simple tools that you need to print your sticker using vinyl paper. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Make your design by sketching it out on paper. You can use graphics from the Internet if you can’t draw skillfully.
- Use an image editor software in your computer. Resolution should be at least 300 pixels per 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Preview the design before finally printing.
- Load your printer with an 8 x 11 inch (20.3 x 27.9 cm) vinyl paper for printing. You should do a test print first to know which side it will print so that you can place it correctly.
- Print and Cut.
Using Websites and Apps
You may also want use website and apps when creating your stickers such as FoamCorePrint, Sticker Maker Pro (App), Aviatar, Emoji Me Face Maker, PicsArt Photo Studio and many others. Keep in mind that when printing your custom design, don’t forget the reminders previously mentioned in this article.
Can’t Do It On Your Own? Call the Professionals!
Not all are tech savvy or have the time to design and print stickers. The best thing to do is to call the professionals for help.
Are You Creative Enough to Make or Design and Print Your Stickers?
Creativity and skill is a plus in creating a sticker both for personal and business use. If you want a great output, you better be creative, and know the basics of using your computer and printer.
Paper Sticker Printing by Done by Professionals Benefits
- Saves time.
- Achieve the right output for your sticker needs.
- Perfectly designed according to your taste.
- Printing quality is far better than done at home.
- They have the right materials, tools and equipment for the job.
Good for Personal or Business Use
Whether it’s for business or personal use such as birthdays, parties, etc. getting professional help for sticker printing is best and is highly recommended.
Make, Design, Laminate and Other Printing Services: Alibaba Printing Can Do It For You!
Alibaba Printing has been providing printing services for many years, and you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
Alibaba Printing: Sticker Printing, Labels, Cards, Flyer Printing and Distribution
Guaranteed and proven services at very low cost with new and regular customers from local and international brands.
Visit Our Office
Link @ Amk,
3 Ang Mo Kio Street 62,
Call Us for Your Inquiries
Tel: 9146 1431
Fax: 6250 5122
Email or Drop Us a Message
Email: [email protected]