Know more here: Sticker Printing
Do you want to try making your glue stickers for a project? Alibaba Printing is an experienced company and will gladly share some sticker printing in Singapore tips that you can do to help you complete your project.
Stickers are not that hard to make, and you probably have the materials now at home. There are several ways on how you can make stickers, but for this article, we will focus on how to make glue stickers using homemade glue. Read on to know all the steps.
In terms of designing, there is no limitation to this. You can use whatever materials you have for drawing like markets, colored pencils, crayons, pastels, etc. Also, see to it that your drawing utensils are not washable. On a thin piece of paper like from a notepad or loose-leaf paper, draw your design.
You can draw portraits of yourself, pets, or friends. You can also cut words and pictures from newspapers and magazines. Print some pictures online or from your computer, then print them using thin paper and not photo paper if you want excellent results. There are also sticker sheets online that has premade stickers you can easily print. Use rubber stamps to take pictures, and you can also decorate them using glitters.
Next is to cut the stickers. Use the scissors to cut the designs you printed or drew. You can make it small or large. And to add touch, utilize scrapbook scissors that can cut decorative designs in their edges.
You can also try the puncher to make a start, heart, and other forms from a patterned paper.
Now we will make the glue, which is safe for the kids to use since it is comparable to an envelope flap’s adhesive. It can bind the stickers to almost all types of surfaces but without the harsh chemicals. When making the glue, you need to mix the following ingredients using a bowl until everything is combined thoroughly:
- 1 envelope of plain gelatin.
- Add boiling water, about 4 tablespoons.
- 1 tsp. corn syrup or sugar.
- Add a couple of drops of vanilla or peppermint extract for flavoring.
- You can also use other kinds of extract for more fun flavors. Apply other flavors to other types of stickers, make it for your friends with surprising flavors. You can try holiday-themed flavors for Easter, Christmas, etc.
- Once you are done with the glue, keep it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. Overnight, the glue will gel. And to liquefy it, you need to put the container inside a bowl of hot water.
- You can also utilize this glue when sealing envelopes.
You are now going to paint the stickers. Turn your stickers upside down on an aluminum foil or a sheet of waxed paper. Use a pastry or paintbrush when painting the backside of the stickers using the glue mixture you made. When done, let it dry completely.
- Do not put too much adhesive, just brush and make a light coating.
- Before using them, see to it that it’s completely dry.
- Keep the stickers in a box or plastic bag until you need to use them.
Licking the stickers is what you need to do if you want to stick them on to different surfaces. Lick the back part just like licking a stamp. Press it down against the surface until it sticks. Homemade glue can stick well, so be careful.