Read on for more info here: Envelope Printing
Do you need wedding envelopes for your upcoming event but confused about whether to choose modern printing from envelope printing companies or traditional calligraphy? Alibaba Printing can help with some details to help you make an informed decision.
Wedding envelopes either stick to modern printing or handwritten calligraphy, so which one would you choose? To help you decide on this matter, below are pros and cons that you can take note of; you can next check your budget, then make a decision.
Traditional Calligraphy for Wedding Envelopes
It is a tradition, it is elegant, and pretty to look at. But you should know that this kind of method is not for everyone. According to the School of Thought, they feel that hand-addressed wedding envelopes follow proper etiquette and tradition, making it more appropriate compared to envelopes that are addressed digitally.
How can you have your wedding envelopes handwritten? Below are three ways that you should know:
- Professional Calligraphers have impeccable handwriting skills, and you’ll be fascinated with their steady hands.
- DIY Calligraphy (Faux) is another way if you can’t find a professional calligrapher. You can print a calligraphy font and then trace it using a nice pen. No one will ever know, not unless you tell them.
- Lastly, you can write it if you have nice penmanship.
- It follows the wedding etiquette and tradition.
- It is timeless.
- It offers a more personal touch.
- The envelopes will look unique.
- DIY handwritten calligraphy is an economical choice.
- Professional calligrapher’s fee may not be as cheap as you think. It is expensive.
- It is time-consuming.
- It can be hard to read at times.
Modern Printing Method
Using a machine can print envelopes faster than the traditional method. It is convenient, and you can use any style that you prefer. You can even print a font that can mimic calligraphy.
According to the School of Thought, those who are OKAY with using a machine to print on envelopes can enjoy the benefit of being economical and super fast production.
There two ways for you to print on your wedding envelopes quickly:
- Print envelopes using your home printer. If you have the equipment and you know how to set up the document, it can be quick, easy, and convenient on your end. You just need a computer, printer, and a program that has a data merge feature like Microsoft Word.
- You can order from envelope printing companies, and you will receive professionally addressed and printed wedding envelopes after a few days.
- It is uniform.
- The addresses are readable.
- You can print the address text into any type of invitation style that complements the theme of your envelope.
- It is less personal.
- It does not follow the wedding tradition of sending invitations.
- It is not as unique as calligraphy.
- It can be costly and stressful if the person does not have the equipment and knowledge on how to print an envelope. You could end up wasting paper than saving.
What’s Your Choice?
The factors that you need to consider when choosing between the two methods include budget, preference, wedding style, and personal style.