Lanyards are almost anywhere! Buildings with securities and employees wearing lanyards, even in students in schools, hospital staff, small and big companies, trade fairs and conferences, etc. It has become an essential product of our lives today.
Interested in the history of lanyard? Read here: Why A Lanyard Is Called A Lanyard? A Meaningful History
Order your Printing now: Customized Lanyards Printing
However, it’s also crucial to choose the right material for the lanyard. What is the end purpose of the lanyard? With this question, one can base on the design, style, and type of material to use. There are different types of materials in making a lanyard that you should know:
• PET (polyethylene terephthalate)
• Braided paracord
• Braided leather
Lanyards can be divided into different classifications wherein all have their diverse functions:
• Nylon imprinted lanyards – it can be used for many purposes such as holding of security cards, ID badges, or ID cards in business establishments, attaching small devices or gadgets like MP3 players, cameras, and USB flash drives to prevent loss. This kind of material is shinier and thicker compared to polyester. It is also the top and best quality over all the others.
• Polyester imprinted lanyards – this is the most commonly used type because of its durability, flexibility, and cost. It’s a polyester fabric material mainly known for its durable quality, affordable price, and good air breathability, which makes it a good option for people who like to exercise a lot. It can give the best wear-comfort. Choose this type of lanyard if you want to use it for a long time.
• Tubular imprinted lanyards – this is polyester with a shoelace shape, which makes it very comfortable to wear around your neck. It is popular amongst sports enthusiasts. If you need a comfort-wearing material, choose this. It is also a perfect choice for those who are on a tight budget.
• Dye-sublimated lanyards – this is good quality and very durable for custom printed with very complicated logo designs. It is very bright, colorful, tender, and classified as a high-performance lanyard. The lanyards will undergo the advanced dye-sublimated printing process. The dyes will infuse on the lanyard material, which means the designs will not fade even when used in extreme conditions.
• Woven lanyards – this is a unique kind since the slogans, designs logo, or texts will be woven directly on the polyester material. The simple words are woven on the lanyards using threads. Simple logos are suitable for this weaving process. If you need a high-quality design imprint, then this can be a perfect choice.
• Beaded Lanyards – this is a decorative lanyard used to hold ID cards and small items. At times, it is considered as jewelry and shaped like a beaded necklace. A good market for this is women and young girls because it makes them look more fashionable. You can choose pearls, glass beads, or crystal beads. The cost will depend on the material used.