What Does A Letterhead Look Like? Your Business Letterhead Guide
Find out more about letterhead printing
What is Non Woven Bags Made Of?
What is the purpose of a letterhead?
A letterhead is a crucial marketing material of a company and it is usually used to communicate with customers, business associates as well as the media. And since a letterhead gives you the opportunity to be exposed, creating a design that’s appropriate for your business can help you establish your brand.
The heading part of a paper is the letterhead, usually located at the top which includes your company logo, business name, contact information, and address. It serves as a company pad, making your letter papers look professional and formal.
What is a Business Letterhead?
A business letterhead is considered as the company’s official paper used when printing letters and other documents.
Even though anyone can send letters through e-mails easily, but this is so common that your e-mail might be filtered to SPAM messages or even deleted directly. A letterhead can help you grab your receiver’s attention even at first glance, this is one of the reasons why it’s a must-have in every business!
The Basic Components of a Letterhead
To give you an idea of what a letterhead looks like, you can picture in your mind the following components that can be seen printed on a paper. Below are the details.
This part can help identify your business’ brand. A letterhead would usually contain one image printed on the paper which is the logo and placed on the top part of the paper, either located on one side or across the top. It’s best to have this printed by a professional printing company to ensure that the image is not hard to see and decipher. The high-quality image on your computer translates a high-quality image on your letterhead when printed using good equipment at the same time.
One of the most vital parts is the contact details and you’ll also see this on the letterhead. This will define the company’s identity further. When your receiver needs to contact you right away, he or she can find your address or contact numbers instantly along with the business name, physical address, website address, email, and social media accounts. Depending on the layout you choose, this info can be found on the bottom or top part of the letterhead.
Should You Have a Slogan in Your Letterhead?
This part can be optional. It’s the company’s catchphrase or short slogan that can sometimes be seen on a letterhead. It can help a business stand out which can establish a connection between the company and the slogan. It’s usually just a short sentence because a long saying can take up too much space and may detract from the contact info. When you make a letterhead, simplicity is key along with the vital details. The recipients will be able to see what they must see, establish a positive connection, and they won’t be overwhelmed upon first glance.
The kind of paper that will be used when printing the components also has an impact on the overall look and design of your business’ official stationery. An off-white or plain white paper color usually is the choice for a more professional and clean letterhead. Thin and lightweight paper is easy to tear. A thicker and heavyweight paper is recommended. Use the right type of paper to achieve a positive impression from the receiver.
Where Can a Business Letterhead Be Used?
Some people believe that only huge corporations should be using a letterhead. The truth is, whether a business is big or small, letterheads should be used when sending letters to clients and other businesses or even for company meetings. It can also be used for different purposes such as the following:
- Minute meeting or notices – it will make it legal documentation of what was discussed during the duration of the whole meeting.
- Writing of invoices – it makes it official to avoid unnecessary input of details especially financial matters.
- Handing out business-related info of other parties – any business matters written on a letterhead makes a document more official. It establishes credibility, developing trust to the receiver.
- Tendering inter-departmental reports and legal company announcements – this is important since this can assure that the reports and any other announcements are officially coming from the company itself. It makes the letter more trustworthy and final. An important document that needs to be stored in a proper manner.
Letterheads are not just used within the workplace today, some use it for personal purposes too.
What Are Its Major Role in Your Business?
Let’s see how letterheads can boost your business, below are the details:
- It’s your most straightforward introduction – a letterhead is significant printing collateral of a business which is why it’s considered as one of the most valuable documents in a business wherein the logo and contact details are clearly visible.
Usually, the recipients or potential clients can identify a brand through the logo on the letterhead. With this, the importance of using such should not be underrated. Careful placement of the logo and other details can positively contribute to the image of a brand.
- It can serve as a legal document – a letterhead is mostly used in official correspondences since it is regarded as a legal document. Specifically speaking, a set of letterheads of a company represents the whole firm through its significance, usage priority, and meaning.
- It implies professionalism – customers or receivers are pleased if they are considered formally all thanks to the sense of professionalism boosted by the right placement of the letterhead.
A letterhead can measure a company’s competence and without it, a bare business letter will give the receiver a reason to question the ability of a company. With this, businesses of all sizes strive hard to engrave their professionalism with their recipient through the use of a letterhead. As such, the firm brand, the sense of significance, and what it signifies are established effectively, while the feeling of a letterhead being a personal letter is reduced.
- It can become your salesperson – aside from a letterhead representing your business, it also helps in promoting your company. Readers are usually caught on the design of the letterhead first before they read the content, and this is understandable.
Another vital reason is that if a letterhead is combined with the right design, template, and other elements, it can build a good impression on the professionalism of a company to the recipient. If it pleases the eyes of the reader, the brand can be advertised successfully.
- It can persuade your customer – we all know that the first impression is crucial. What they see at first glance can either persuade or deject the recipient from reading on. With this, the letterhead can help get their attention first.
People would choose to read letters that have well-represented letterheads because it gives them a feeling of safety. Aside from that, the information provided will intensify the sense of reliability, honesty, and it provides a clear impression of a firm’s vision.
In addition, a letterhead helps in building authority to a firm’s branding and makes it look more competent. Business letterheads also show that the letters officially came from a working and real firm, not a fake or fraud.
- Marketing means – readers are provided with correct details of contact information so that they can reach the firm quickly. It’s a useful means to attract potential customers and increase sales at the same time.
Things to Consider When Designing It
There are a few things that you should consider when designing a letterhead. Here is a list of what they are to help you create a powerful letterhead for your business:
- The size of the letterhead – you don’t only adjust this measurement according to your liking, but do this in a way where everyone else also likes what they see. Use measurements that are web-friendly. The preferred size is 900px by 100px.
- The template of your letterhead – there are different types of templates that you can use but the most popular option is the layout that’s easily-centered.
- The resolution of your letterhead – you don’t want to make something that’s too sharp or too blurry. It’s best if your letterhead has at least a 300 dpi resolution.
Others things you need to keep in mind:
When using colors in designing the letterhead, use 2-3 bright contrasting colors, it’s a graphic design trend that you can try. You can add your chosen colors to the header, border and body text.
Don’t forget to put the logo near the top part. Once again, we want to establish that your brand can easily be recognized. You can also use the color of the logo all throughout your template to combine them all together perfectly.
A colorful border is also a must-try! But just make sure that it does not overpower all the other elements in your business letterhead, making it distractive to the eyes.
Create a striking header in a geometrical, asymmetrical or slanted position. This way, you can make sure your letterhead stands out among all the others.
Alibaba Printing Company Can Help!
It’s not easy to create a business letterhead that works and not all of us are gifted with graphical skills. With this, if you need to create one from scratch, it’s highly recommended to contact the professionals. Alibaba Printing can help you achieve the following:
- A letterhead with excellent design.
- Print professional-looking letter paper for your business using high-quality equipment.
- Print in bulks for cheaper printing packages that you can surely afford.
More Information on How You Can Reach Us
You can directly call us through the following numbers for inquires or email us:
Tel: 9146 1431
Fax: 6250 5122