How Do You Screen Print a Bag?
Find out more about Paper bag printing
Screen printing is a method that you can use to transfer bold, beautiful and vibrantly coloured designs and prints on different types of fabrics. It’s not only done on t-shirts, but it can also be applied to clothes, cotton tote bags, pyjamas, caps and any textile that you can think of.
One of the main advantages of screen printing is it utilizes colorfast inks wherein the colours stretch together with the material used, and it does not fade at the same time – wear and tear damage is lesser.
The use of paper bags these days have become popular as many people try to find ways on how to print on them and one of the methods that you can do is the screen print. Below are steps that you can take note of how it’s done:
The supplies that you need:
- Acrylic ink
- Screen printing frame
- Paper bags
- Free cut file
- Oracal 651
- Cricut cutting machine
- You need to make your design first using the silhouette or Cricut machine on Oracal 651; please be reminded to mirror the image.
- You will then transfer the design you’ve made at the back part of the screen.
- You then squeegee the ink over the screen onto your paper bag.
- You can create printed paper bags using vinyl and personalize them easily.
You can use a marker to make guidelines when lining up your bags and screens. You can also do the same for the screen corners. It will allow you to lineup the bag easily one bag after the other to make sure that the design is printed in the right place.
Reasons why you want to make printed paper bags:
Paper bags can be used in many ways. It’s a great way to DIY, or you can even request them in bulks from printing companies at a lower price, which can be an excellent option for your business and below are the reasons why:
- It’s cheaper
- An excellent way to customize the material for special events, for favours or even as gifts.
- It can be used for wedding favours.
- Personalize it as candy bar bags.
- Make it as souvenirs.
- Use for fundraising programs.
- It’s artistic.
- It’s widely used over plastics. It breaks down quicker under ideal circumstances or conditions.
- Great for advertising by printing your logo and other themes for your marketing campaign.
There are a few downsides of using paper bags:
- Its lifespan is short.
- It’s not waterproof.
- Wear and tear do not last long.
Paper bags is one of the most practical bags since it’s also 100% reusable, biodegradable and recyclable, which poses a lesser threat to wildlife and the environment as a whole.
Corporations are using paper bags as part of their seminars, promotions branding purposes and packaging of their products.
You can also choose high-quality paper bags from manufacturers for a lower price, especially if you are buying in bulk since they can help you decide on the right size and the kind of paper bag that fits your project, quantity and budget.